Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tuned In To God in 2009

What difference would it make in your life in 2009 if the first thing you did every morning as your feet come out from under the covers and hit the floor…what if you said to God, “Lord, today You will have all of me there is to have.”


C.S. Lewis said, “The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.”

Prayer first thing just sets my life in order for the day. It establishes that God is in control and His voice is the one I’ll be looking for all day. I usually begin, even before I get of bed in the morning with my “Snowflake Prayer.” It goes, “I give myself anew to You this day; All that I am and all that I have; To be totally and unconditionally Yours for Your using. Deliver me from myself. Mold me into the image of Your Son. And use me up today. As You will, when You will, where You will, with whom You will. Be glorified in my life this day.”

John Bunyan wrote, “He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day.” When should you pray? I have found that I should pray every day and early in the day…lest the day get away from me and I get away from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment