Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How to Respond and Pray in the Midst of Crises

This simple presentation by David Sanford blessed me this morning in the midst of seeing so much brokenness in the world and problems so overwhelming. Sanford shares:

"In seven out of every ten psalms, the writer is either crying out to the Lord for physical salvation, thanking God for sparing his life, reminding himself of the differing fates of the righteous and evildoers, or renewing his allegiance to God and His Word in the face of rampant wickedness.


If the psalms teach us anything, it’s how to turn to God in times of trouble and distress. Here’s a brief synopsis with specific examples from various psalms."

1. Call out to the Lord…
“Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer”
(Psalm 61:1).

2. …and ask for help!
“Hasten, O God, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me”
(Psalm 70:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment