Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Twelve Years At First Baptist Church

Yesterday was my twelve year anniversary as pastor of First Baptist Church of Allen, Texas. It has been a privilege to pastor such a church family. They are a loving, growing, supportive, faith-filled body of believers. They laugh easily as we go through life together and care deeply when needs arise. They are quick to say “yes” when we call on them to serve. They are prayerful and positive and reflect a genuine love for Christ and desire to be more like Him. They readily embrace change and keep looking for their next steps. Their fellowship and followship give testimony to their vision and heart for the Lord. I love my church family and will be forever grateful for the love they have shown our family.

The first Sunday I preached in Allen I preached from Esther 4:14. I believed it then and I believe with even greater conviction today and as we look to the future – God has placed our church in this community, in this strategic city, at this period in the history of world “for such a time as this.” I believe there has never been a greater time to be a Christ-follower. I look forward to the future in our ministry together. I love the church and will give my life to the church…and I love our church.

1 comment:

  1. Chad,
    We are so blessed to have a pastor who is passionate about God's Word, God's people, His Church and making disciples. I have not been here for your entire twleve year stint, but over the past 4 years I have come to know and love you. It is indeed an honor and privilege to serve the Lord with you. I am praying that the Lord grants you many more years of service and that I might be part of that ministry!

    ReplyDelete