Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Yes, God Will Give You More Than You Can Handle

Yes, God Will Give You More Than You Can Handle - "The circumstances in my life had become overwhelming, everything was crumbling, and my world was falling apart. To be honest, if someone had come alongside me at that point and tried to reassure me by saying, “God won’t give you more than you can handle,” I may have punched them square in the face.

That tired, old phrase often sounds more like a taunt than a comfort. When we are down and out and feeling discouraged, hearing those words can cause us to feel like we are not measuring up. It causes us to ask, “If I am supposed to handle this, then why can’t I handle it?” The truth is, God never said He wouldn’t give you more than you can handle."


No comments:

Post a Comment