Saturday, November 8, 2014

How To Know If It Is God You Are Hearing

I found this years ago. It is one of several such resources I walk through when discerning God's voice. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

How can we know if it’s God we are hearing?

  • What I heard helps me to respect (fear) the Lord and depart from evil.
  • The message increases my faith or my knowledge and understanding
  • of Scripture.
  • The actions that will result from following this word will be full of spiritual fruit: “purity, peace, gentleness, mercy, courtesy, good deeds, sincerity, and without hypocrisy.” (James 3:17)
  • What I heard strengthens me “with all might” so that I can keep going no matter what happens (Col. 1:11)
  • It causes me to experience joyfulness and thanksgiving to the Father (Col. 1:12)


No comments:

Post a Comment