Monday, April 28, 2014

How Do You Set Your Mind on Heaven?

How Do You Set Your Mind on Heaven? - In Sunday’s sermon we concluded with some application points. I wanted to make those available to you for your personal reflection.

  • Do I daily reflect on my own mortality?
  • Do I daily realize there are only two destinations…heaven or hell…and that I and every person I know will go to one or the other?
  • Do I daily remind myself that this world is not my home and that everything in it will burn, leaving behind only what’s eternal?
  • Do I daily recognize that my choices and actions have a direct influence on the world to come?
  • Do I daily realize that my life is being examined by God, the Audience of One, and that the only appraisal of my life that will ultimately matter is His?
  • Do I daily reflect on my ultimate home and with anticipation look forward to being with God?


No comments:

Post a Comment