Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Five Benefits of Belonging

Rick Warren notes these five benefits of being a part of a church family...

There are 5 benefits of BELONGING:

1. In God’s family you learn YOUR TRUE IDENTITY.

“You are members of God’s very own family... and you belong
in God’s household with every other Christian.”  Eph. 2:19 (LB)

2. In God’s temple you are SUPPORTED BY OTHERS.

    “I want us to help each other with the faith we have. Your faith will
    help me, and my faith will help you.”             Rom. 1:12 (NCV)

3. In Christ’s body you DISCOVER YOUR UNIQUE VALUE.

    “Just as there are many parts to our bodies, so it is with Christ's
    Body.  We are all parts of it, and it takes every one of us to make it
    complete, for we each have different work to do. So we belong to
    each other, and each of us needs all the others.” Rom. 12:4-5 (LB)

4. In God’s flock you RECEIVE PROTECTION.

    “Take care of God's flock, his people, that you are responsible
    for. Watch over them because you want to, not because you are
    forced to do it.”   1 Peter. 5:2 (ICB)

5. In God’s garden you BECOME PRODUCTIVE.

                    “A branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and
                    you cannot be fruitful apart from me.  I am the vine and you are the
                    branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce
                    much fruit. But apart from me you can do nothing.”
                    John 15:4-5 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment