Friday, June 17, 2011

Comparing Going to Church to Going to the Dentist

This fun article by Sammy Adebiyi.

I had to go to the dentist recently. And being in that office made me wonder about the similarities between going to the dentist and going to church. Specifically, I thought:

If I were a pastor and my dentist ever came to my church, I would…

Make the church secretary stop him in the lobby and ask him how long it’s been since he’s been at a church. If it’s been a while, I’d make him fill out a really, really long detailed form about all his family’s history of sins, struggles, shame and addictions. I’d let him know this was standard procedure, and we might need to even do some X-rays to complete our soul records unless another church could send them to us. (See the full article).

No comments:

Post a Comment