Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Prayer About Being Anxious and Trusting in Jesus

There is more to this written prayer on Scotty Smith's blog, but this part of the prayer really spoke to me:

...For the things that deeply grieve me, bring your tear-wiping hand. For the things that greatly offend me, keep me from a critical and selfish spirit. For the things that profoundly confuse me, grant me the perspective of heaven and gospel sanity. For the things over which I have no control, give me a fresh vision of the occupied throne of heaven. For the things I do have control over, grant me wisdom and strength to act accordingly. Please help me steward my anger, my sadness, and my weariness to your glory. I don’t want to waste this moment or these feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent prayer. It reminds me of the serenity prayer, which is often abridged. When you read the entire prayer it leaves you with a sense of peace. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete