Friday, November 13, 2009

Is Church Going to the Dogs?

Al Mohler wrote on an Associate Press article about American churches developing special services for congregants and their dogs. The story, reported by Gillian Flaccus, begins with Rev. Tom Eggebeen of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles. Faced with an aging and declining congregation, the pastor decided to do something innovative — he started a service for both people and dogs, “Canines at Covenant.” Dr. Mohler's comments are helpful in the discussion of the topic.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry! It appears the church in America is rushing to join every conceivable post-modern trend and ideology at almos the same rate as the population of non-believers! I, like Dr. Mohler, believe there will be dogs in the New Heaven and Earth (although our current dog probably will not make it!) but to have a "worship service" for dogs??? For the record, I believe I will go with crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if it takes dogs to get people to come to church, it sounds ok to me!

    ReplyDelete