Sunday, December 21, 2008

Balance


One of the toughest things for me is keeping balance in my life. My tendency is to think too much about work at the church. I don't take my days off and vacation time allotted. Ultimately, I know it takes a toll on my effectiveness in my work and ministry.


For 2009, I am sharing some of my resolutions that strive toward better balance in my life. Here are a few things I am working toward in the New Year:


  • Take all my vacation time.

  • Develop better systems to protect my day off (Friday)

  • Establish a regular date night with Rhonda.

  • Spend alone time with each of my kids - breakfasts, trips, etc.

  • Do two personal retreats in 2009 for planning and spiritual focus.

  • Make at least two extra trips to see my parents in addition to family trips for such.

  • Go on fishing trip with friends this Spring.

  • Exercise six days a week (early).

  • Watch less TV and read more books outside work related stuff.

  • Read through the Bible in 2009 - NIV.

  • Journal consistently through the year.

  • Go to bed earlier and eat better (the second is a tough one).

Matthew 11:29 - Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

1 comment:

  1. I find balance to be an art form more than a discipline. CS

    ReplyDelete